Differences between 20X Faster Web Hosting servers and Swift Web Hosting servers
From a user perspective, 20X Faster GPM Servers Web Hosting behave almost identically to our Swift Web Hosting servers. There are, however, a few differences that impact web developers:
- 20X Faster Web Hosting servers compile .htaccess files to make speed improvements. Any changes to .htaccess files are immediately re-compiled.
- 20X Faster Web Hosting servers have their own PHP API that provides speed improvements over FastCGI and PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager).
- To serve static files, 20X Faster Web Hosting servers do not need to create a worker process as the user. Servers only create a worker process for PHP scripts, which results in faster performance.
- APC (Alternative PHP Cache) is enabled by default. Accounts are allocated 16 MB of APC memory.
- 20X Faster Web Hosting servers have a built-in caching engine; however, caching is disabled by default. To enable caching, you must use an .htaccess file.
- PHP configuration settings are changed using cPanel instead of php.ini files. You can also change the PHP version using cPanel.
- 20X Faster Web Hosting servers do not support Ruby-based or Python-based web applications, including Rails and Django